Thursday, May 28, 2015

Four Week Fiancé by Helen Cooper

Four Week Fiancé is nearly here!

Preorder Now!




Preorder on: AmazonBarnes & Noble, & iBooks
**New Teaser**
“Hey Dorky, where’s Sally?” TJ stood outside my front door looking like some hunky model in a TV ad for men’s cologne or boxer briefs; very skimpy boxer briefs, I might add.

“She’s on her way.” I said and ushered him into my apartment, trying not to let him see how eager and happy I was that he was there.
“I thought you said that you’d be ready to leave at 3?” He frowned as he stood next to me. His eyes glanced into mine with an imperious glance and I made myself stand there, not touching his glorious body.
“I’m ready.” I frowned back at him. “It’s not my fault that Sally isn’t here yet.”
“Barbie is going to be upset.” He said and pulled out his phone.
“Why?” I cocked my head to the side and studied his face. “Did she get peroxide in her mouth?”
“She’s a natural blonde.” TJ said with a small smile, his lips curving up at the side, even though I knew he was trying not to laugh.
“Sure she is.” I said sweetly. “That’s why her pubic hair is darker than the hair on your head.”
“You’re gross and a brat, you know that Mila.” He started laughing then. “Is there something you want to tell me?”
“Huh? What?” I said and swallowed hard. Was he going to ask me if I was being bitchy because I was jealous?
“Are you into women now? Is that why you’re so familiar with the female anatomy?” He looked me up and down. “I guess that explains why you look so butch today?”
“What?” I screeched and looked down at my outfit. “I don’t look butch.” Though, I didn’t look particularly feminine either. I was wearing baggy blue jeans, a big tshirt and had my hair back in a bun. I certainly wasn’t in any seduction mode outfit, but that was by design. I wanted to look scruffy now, so that I went into full on seduction mode in the evening, TJ was taken by surprise.
“I’m not a lesbian, asshole.” I turned around and walked towards my bedroom. “I told you I’m seeing a guy.”
“Oh yeah, you did say something about some putz.” He said following me into my bedroom. “Where is he? Hiding under your bed?”
“He doesn’t need to hide under the bed.” I turned around and glared at him.
“Oh?” His eyes narrowed and he looked at my unmade bed and then back at me. “Don’t you make your bed anymore, Mila? It looks like a mess.”
“You’re not my dad and yes, I do make my bed. Just not today. I had a late night.” I said, which wasn’t technically a lie. I did make my bed. Every time I knew my parents were coming over, or when I was having friends over. Asides from Sally, I didn’t bother making my bed every time I knew Sally was coming over. She didn’t care that I was messy.
“A late night?”
“Yes, with my man.” I said emphatically and fell down on the mattress and closed my eyes and let out a loud sigh as I rolled around on the disheveled sheets. “We had a really late night. Sorry if I didn’t make the bed this morning, but I was worn out.” I croaked out, lying like crazy. I had gone to bed late, but not because of any guy. I’d stayed up all night watching episodes of Greek, while simultaneously stalking one of the actors on Instagram. If things weren’t going to work out with TJ, they might work out with Scott Michael Foster.
“Hey,” I squealed as I felt TJ pulling me up abruptly from the bed. My eyes flew open and I stared at his angry face with an emotion akin to glee. “That hurt.” I said as I stood next to him and rubbed my arms.
“Do you think it’s appropriate for you to be talking about your casual sex with your unknown man friend and then to be reliving the memories in your mind rolling around on your bed?”
“Huh?” I said, my jaw dropping. “What are you talking about?”
“I’m talking about the little moans you were making as you wiggled around on the bed.” He frowned. “I don’t want the image of you having casual sex in my mind, thank you very much.”
“It’s not casual sex.” I said with a glare. “We’re in a loving relationship.”
“Really?” TJ said with a smirk. “Yet no one in your family has ever heard of this guy.”
“Of course they have.” I put my hands on my hips and stared at him.
“No, they haven’t.” He said with a self-assured smirk. “I asked Cody, who asked your parents and none of them had any clue you were dating anyone, let alone in a loving relationship.”
“Whatever jerk.” I turned away, fuming. I should have known he’d ask my parents about my boyfriend. TJ was the sort of guy that knew exactly what he was doing. You could never get the best of him in any situation. He was always ten steps ahead of me, even before I knew to start counting.
“I’m not a jerk. I just wanted to meet this new guy in your life. See if I thought he was going to be a good addition to the family.”
“Yeah right.” I rolled my eyes.
“I see I had nothing to worry about.”
“Yet.” I said, and tossed my long blonde hair, which I’d spent a lot of money on at my local hairdressers. “You’re correct of course, Troy and I were merely bedroom partners, but now it has become more.”
“Bedroom partners?” TJ’s eyes narrowed again, but he looked unconvinced.
“Fuck buddies, friends with benefits, hook up pals, you get the drift.” I said with a sweet smile as his chin hardened. TJ was starting to look pissed and I loved it.
“You’re telling me you have a fuck buddy?” He said, his tone edgy.
“What’s it to you?” I said softly. “Isn’t that exactly what Barbie is to you?” I said softly and he growled and turned away from me.

Preorder on: AmazonBarnes & Noble, & iBooks

Are you ready to read the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment