Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Repaired by Melissa Collins

Repaired by Melissa Collins is a book about two damaged men finding each other by chance and being drawn together -- almost pulled towards each other as they each fulfill a need the other has. While reading this book I quickly fell in love with Liam and connected with Parker -- and I knew that these two men were going to have a powerful story.


Liam Davis is a tortured man with a haunted past that has made him need certain things in his life. He has a close knit group of friends, those who he is closest too..yet they really don't know Liam. Nobody knows Liam. As Liam runs from his past determined to avoid deep connections..and doing just that..he meets Parker Ryan.


Parker Ryan, attorney at law - wealthy and by any onlooker a man with a perfect life. In reality, Parker is viewed as a failure and regret by the one man who should always love him, his Father. Parker tries to do everything he can to gain his father's approval -- yet he continues to come up short. Resolved that this is just how his life will be he has all but accepted that this will be his life, until he meets Liam Davis.


Fate brings them together but a recognition of fractured souls keeps them together as the men complete each other and show each other that there is always a chance to be repaired.


"Sometimes life worked out in the most unlikely ways. Could I have possibly known when I met Liam, demanding that he help me fix my car that we’d be here? Could I have known that he would alter my world so much I’d finally grow the backbone I’d been missing for years and finally stand up to my father? Could he have known that linking his life with mine would bring his past to the surface, bringing him back to the family he’d left so many years ago? No. We could never know those things. And we never would. We’d never know how our past would affect our future. We’d never know how today would tumble on into tomorrow."~Parker


If you have not read anything by Melissa Collins then I highly suggest you grab your box of Kleenex and a big glass of wine -- then dive right in to Repaired. Melissa writes stories that draw you in, the characters will capture your heart, you will become invested in their journey as you read her books. Collins' is known for writing characters who are slightly damaged with painful pasts that are able to overcome while building solid, loving, lasting relationships -- even when it's the last thing they are looking for.

While reading Repaired I admit there were moments when I thought, "Okay, Melissa what is going to happen here?" But I knew that Ms. Collins' would soon be delivering a plot twist or character trait that would draw me in because these two characters were just too complex to expect anything less -- let me say, I was right! So if you find yourself wondering, why there is so much back story or something along that thought..have faith and keep reading! In the end, Repaired made me feel...well, repaired. I had felt Liam & Parker's pain,

I had followed through their journey of coming together, and I had witnessed them repairing each other's wounded souls. The way the story was developed literally brings the reader through the journey with the characters -- so have the faith!


"All we’d ever wanted was to be loved for our broken pieces, not despite them. All we’d ever wanted was to feel repaired enough to find happiness in the simplest moments of life. And with Parker, I had just that."~Liam


I am sad the journey is done now and I "patiently" await Ms.Collins next story! 5 Stars ~


ARC reviewed by Alpha Book Club


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment