Sunday, July 5, 2015

Fighting Shadows (On The Ropes Book 2) ~ Aly Martinez

Fighting Shadows (On The Ropes Book 2)

Aly Martinez

Genre: Sport Romance

Length: 284 Pages

Series: On The Ropes


I come from a family of fighters. I always thought I’d follow in their shadows, becoming unstoppable in the ring. That changed the day I saved the life of a woman I loved, but could never have.

My brother hailed me as a hero, and my reward was a wheelchair.

Paralyzed, my life became an inescapable nightmare.

Until I met her.

Ash Mabie had a heart-stopping smile and a laugh that numbed the rage and resentment brewing inside of me. She showed me that even the darkest night still had stars, and it didn’t matter one bit that you had to lie in the weeds to see them.

I was a jaded asshole who fell for a girl with a knack for running away. I couldn’t even walk but I would have spent a lifetime chasing her.

Now, I’m on the ropes during the toughest battles of my life.

Fighting the shadows of our past.

Fighting to reclaim my future.

Fighting for her.




"Whoever said time heals all wounds was an ignorant asshole. In my experience, time made everything worse."

Fighting Shadows is a the second book in Aly Martinez's On The Ropes Series, book one was Fighting Silence released Feb 2015. Each book in the series follows one of the Page brothers and Fighting Shadows is the story of Flint, the middle Page brother.

Overall, this is a wonderful story and I would recommend to anyone. The POV throughout the book is alternating between Flint & Ash which I enjoyed. Each story in this series is a standalone however the reader will enjoy more reading series in order.

At the beginning of the story, Flint is in a horrible place - not only is he dealing with physical injury that has severely altered his life, but he is dealing with an injured heart as he continues to love someone he cannot have -- having these feelings leads to extreme guilt and the cycle of anger & hurt is almost more than he can bare. Flint decides he has to have a break, and during this break he meets the person who will change his life, Ash.


Ash, she is a girl who has lead a hard life. Ash has learned through life that she cannot count on anyone-- that changes when she meets Flint.

The relationship between Flint & Ash has the perfect give and take and they compliment each other, providing each other with the missing part of their lives. The chemistry between the two is great and the love is palpable to the reader. Will they be able to overcome all obstacles to find their happily ever after -- or is this just not in the cards for these two?

Go and get this book now you will really enjoy it!!


ARC provided By Author Aly Martinez and distributed by The Rock Stars of Romance. Honest review written by J.Loves2Read from Alpha Book Club.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment