Friday, October 30, 2015

Cage's Misconduct by Nikki Worrell


 

  

 Dalton ‘Cage’ Booker is the number one goalie for the San Diego Scorpions. Most people describe him as willful and stubborn—sometimes even difficult to control. More often than not, words fly out of his mouth without the benefit of passing through his brain first. And women love him.

Karen LaGrange, little sister of the former enforcer for the Scorpions, lives in Canada, where she works with special needs children. After losing her job to downsizing, she makes an extended visit to San Diego, forming a friendship with the errant goalie.

Through frequent reminders that they are friends without benefits, Karen struggles to keep their relationship platonic, but the more she shuts him down, the more he wants her.

Can Cage convince Karen to slip under the sheets with him, or is he destined to be firmly entrapped in the friend zone?


(Remove it not reviewing)


 5 Stars Loved this book! ~Amazon Customer

Will Karen give in to Cage? Will Jody finally relent and accept Cage's interest in his sister? I really enjoyed this book, and look forward to reading more from this author.

This is book three in the Scorpion series and I have to say, it is now my favorite! When I first met Cage, I didn't like him at all. What I love about this author is how she writes people how we see them in real life ~ Mary

I love this series and I think this is her best book of their series so far!

5 Stars  Fantastic read
Loved this book, so hard not to fall in love with Dalton "Cage" Booker and Karen together. The love between them, it's not your typical storyline. And I honestly couldn't put it down once I started. Absolutely loved it and highly recommend this read. ~ Jackie Ugal
  






I am a country girl at heart who tends to like the simple things...and hockey. Give me a hockey game and I'm set! During intermission, I read. Reading has always been a love of mine since I was a little girl. The books have gotten a bit spicier though. I also like moonlit walks on the beach, strawberries and champagne (ok, dirty martinis actually), and a strong man to hold me...etc., etc., etc. ;)


I live in Hammonton, NJ with my husband of over 18 years. It's not always easy but it's always worth it.

I have a B.S.B.A. in Human Resources and work for a law firm in Philadelphia. The only thing left to say is....GO FLYERS!

Contact Nikki at:

Website: www.nikkiworrell.com
Friend her on Facebook: facebook.com/nikkiworrellauthor
Amazon author Page: http://goo.gl/FbEbTi


  
The Enforcer (NHL Scorpions #1)


Captain My Captain (NHL Scorpions .5)
  
Goalie Interference (NHL Scorpions 2)



http://wtmowordsturnmeon.blogspot.com/

ALPHA BOOK CLUB REVIEW

Cage's Misconduct: NHL Scorpions, Book 3

by Nikki Worrell
Synopsis

THIS BOOK CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE.

Dalton ‘Cage’ Booker is the number one goalie for the San Diego Scorpions. Most people describe him as willful and stubborn—sometimes even difficult to control. More often than not, words fly out of his mouth without the benefit of passing through his brain first. And women love him.

Karen LaGrange, little sister of former enforcer for the Scorpions, lives in Canada, where she works with special needs children. After losing her job to redistricting, she makes an extended visit to San Diego, forming a friendship with the errant goalie.

Through frequent reminders that they are friends without benefits, Karen struggles to keep their relationship platonic, but the more she shuts him down, the more he wants her.

Can Cage convince Karen to slip under the sheets with him, or is he destined to be firmly entrapped in the friend zone?

Review
5 Hockey Sticks

Yes, I love the bad boy, I love the athlete, I love a love story. I guess those are good enough reasons to love this book. However; I think this book deserves more that that. This book is the third book of the NHL Scorpions series. It is a stand alone book that can be read on its own, but I think that I may have to get the other two books. Also, it looks like this story does continue in a new series “Atlantic City Boardwalk Breakers.” Keeping my eyes out for that one.
Dalton “Cage” Booker is the goalie for the San Diego Scorpions, a player on and off the field. He tends to be a loner, never feeling like he fits in with his team mates. At the wedding of Vlad, a former teammate, and Zoe Bejsiuk Cage spots a stunning woman in an ice blue dress. Unfortunately, the stunning woman is the little sister of Jody LaGrange, former enforcer for the Scorpions. Jody is not a fan of Cage, as a matter of fact he pretty much can’t stand him. When he overhears the comments that Cage makes about his little sister, Jody loses it and decks Cage breaking his nose.
Karen, Jody’s younger sister sees something in Cage that others have missed and she reaches out to him in friendship. There is something more to this friendship and soon they become attracted to one another. Tragedy strikes and Cage helps Karen put her life back together. Is it enough to take their relationship to the next level? Should they even try since Karen can only stay in the US for a few months? As a Canadian, she can only stay in the US for a limited amount of time.
This story has everything to keep you interested. Yes it is a love story, but there is drama from Karen’s past. Big egos, and learning to trust. It also comes with a glossary of hockey terms for those of us that don’t know much about the game.  I really enjoyed this story and highly recommend it.
ARC Provided by Promotions By Stephanie. Honest review done by Mollien for Alpha Book Club without influence from publisher or author.

No comments:

Post a Comment