Thursday, December 10, 2015

Decide & Decline by Michelle Irwin


Decide & Decline
Declan Reede: The Untold Story series
By: Michelle Irwin
Genre: Erotic Romance
*Warning - Due to adult content & language this series is not intended for anyone under the age of 18.*

Book 0.5 in the Declan Reede: the Untold Story Series


Strap in, get ready to start your engines and see where it all began.

From an early age, Declan Reede’s only goal was to race in the ProV8 Championship Series. One thing he couldn’t anticipate was that a blistering kiss shared with his best friend, Alyssa Dawson, might derail his plans.

While he knows things between them will never be the same, it’s impossible to predict just where the road will take them, or how rocky it might get.

Will he decide to fight for love or follow his dreams?


¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•



Start Declan Reede's story today with the FREE prequel novella:

Amazon:

¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•




I was given an ARC of this story for an honest review. This is the prequel to Decide. It is the whole beginning of Declan and Alyssa’s relationship. They are in their last year of high school and are trying to come to terms with what they want in their future. Declan is bound and determined to be the youngest Pro-V8 champion in the history of the sport and Alyssa is wanting to go to uni and have a family. Their lives change in just one night. It goes from the best night ever to the worst night ever all because of words that should not have been said. Can this relationship work? Will they be able to come back together or will their life be torn apart forever?
This was a very interesting book. I was unsure of my reaction to this because I am much older than the main characters, but I was able to put that aside and enjoy the book. I would like to see where this story goes. Good, solid start.

Reviewed by Cryssy

¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•

Book 1 in the Declan Reede: the Untold Story Series


Hold on tight, stick to the racing line, and watch for the corners. 

Four years after making the decision to leave his home town behind, all of Declan Reede's dreams have come true. Unapologetically foul-mouthed, driven, and well known for his off-track antics, his success seems unstoppable. At least until Queensland Raceway and a chance sighting of the girl who once held his heart. Now, getting around the track seems an impossible battle as he struggles to return to his previous form. With his career racing downhill faster than his V8 on Mount Panorama, there's more than just his reputation on the line. 

What will it take to put the brakes on his decline? 


¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•



Amazon:

¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸.•


EXCERPT

My suitcase was still by the kitchen and held a rather bountiful supply of duty-free alcohol. I opened it only far enough to pull out a bottle of top-shelf whiskey and set about hunting down a glass in the massive kitchen. Once I’d found one, I pushed the glass under the ice-maker on the fridge, half filling it with cubes. I poured a triple shot of the whiskey over the top.
My intention was to relax and enjoy the flavour, but once the glass was at my lips I tipped it all down my throat. I hadn’t realised how much I needed it after the flight and subsequent revelations. It was still difficult for me to process the fact that at that precise moment, Alyssa was in the bathroom upstairs—naked.
I poured another, larger, drink and carried it with me over to one of the oversize armchairs. I flicked on the TV but didn’t pay attention to it. My mind was occupied thinking about what it might be like to be upstairs in the shower with Alyssa. Instead of wild imaginings of what she would look like, I recalled the time we had a shower together, in the hotel room after our year twelve formal.
Even as I sat on the sofa, removed by years and proximity, I could easily recall the feel of my hands running along her water-heated skin. The lather from the soap removing all the friction between our bodies. The taste of the water as I sucked it off her breasts. I downed the second glass of whiskey in a rush. I was so fucking hard it was uncomfortable.
After getting a third drink, I returned to the couch and turned the TV off. It was pointless noise that I didn’t really need. I tried to savour the taste of the whiskey instead of gulping it down like a lifeline. For the price, it was a drink designed to be enjoyed, not skulled as fast as possible.
I put the glass to my lips again and sucked a small sip into my mouth and let it rest on my tongue. While I did, my mind supplied me with the incredibly hot, but unhelpful, images of drinking it off Alyssa’s skin. I decided that maybe I needed to make opportunities of my own.
Alyssa was safely tucked away upstairs in the shower, and apparently had no intention of coming back downstairs. She’d said she was going straight to bed after her shower after all.
I raised the glass again taking another, slightly larger, sip. While I did, I sucked one of the ice cubes into my mouth and rolled it around on my tongue, imagining I was swirling it around Alyssa’s nipple. I moaned at the thought.
The cold focused my attention on my mouth, making it a little less noticeable that it was my own hand sliding up my thigh. It was almost easy to pretend it was Alyssa’s.
I popped the button on my jeans and slowly slid down my zipper. Closing my eyes, I concentrated on the taste of the ice and alcohol in my mouth as I pushed my hand into my boxers. I thought of Alyssa under the shower, wet and glistening, and so fucking tasty.
The water in my mouth from the ice seemed to become infused with her flavour. I grabbed hold of my cock and slid my hand along the length. This was my perfection. It was the sort of relief I’d sought with hundreds of nameless, faceless women and never found. The sort of relief which only fantasies of Alyssa could provide. I closed my eyes and leaned back into the chair, sinking further into my fantasy and allowing my hand to glide up and down the length of my exposed shaft to the image of Alyssa imprinted in my brain. It wasn’t me holding myself—it was her. Her hands. Her mouth. Her body.
Her on her knees in front of me, her head in my lap and her lips wrapped around my cock.
Oh fuck, baby.
The ice in my mouth grew smaller and smaller as my body heated with the lust and excitement that raced through me. It had been so long since I’d let myself truly enjoy a fantasy about her. I rolled the ice cube around my mouth one last time before swallowing the mouthful. I left my hand on my erection as I leaned forward with the other to grab the glass and claim another piece of ice. I opened my eyes to locate the side table and met an amused, honey-gold gaze staring at me. Her delight only increased as a warm blush crept up my cheeks.
“Don’t stop on my account,” she said with a chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment