Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Melissa's Top 5 of 2015

Melissa’s Top 5 of 2015

Meet Melissa of Alpha Book Club

I'm Melissa.  I was born and raised in California, but currently reside in Las Vegas, yep Sin City!  I've been married for ten years to the most amazing man and together we have three kids.  I'm a huge horror movie fan and well just a huge movie fan overall.  I'm a fan of all things dark, including my romance books....the darker the better. I fell in love with romance books after reading Fifty and I haven't turned back.  I'm co owner of Alpha Book Club and I feel so lucky for falling into this exciting adventure.




twisted fate teaser 3.jpg

Twisted Fate 
(Twisted Fate #2)
by Rhonda James



You've heard their story, in My Only Regret, through Rhyann's words. Now, hear it from the man that rocked her world with only the beat of his heart, his sexy words, and the thrust of his hips. Get to know the man behind the pick up lines and hazel eyes. Learn how one night with Rhyann helped turn this bad boy rocker into a devoted husband and father, in spite of the one ex that refuses to let him go, and will stop at nothing to destroy his newfound happiness.




“My mouth has been all over her body, and I’ve made sure to leave wicked reminders of my presence.  I want her to wake up tomorrow and remember that I’ve been there.  Everywhere.”


5 twisted, scorching Jesse Montgomery is mine stars!!!  Never in my life have I ever been more connected to a book character than I am now!!  Jesse definitely has me twisted!!!


In this second installment of the series, we’re given Jesse’s POV and let me tell you, it’s hot!!  He’s cocky and vulnerable and all around sex as h@ll!!  Yes, he was a complete jerk in the first book, but in this book he proves, he’s not the @sshole he’s made out to be!  I looooooved seeing his vulnerable side and how sick in love he is with Rhyann!!  I think every woman needs a man to love her the way he loves Rhyann!!  Yes this is basically the same book, but trust me when I say that this is by far so different!!  Yes you still scream at your book and you want to strangle Jesse, but there’s reasons behind everything he does and in the end everything is wrapped up into a pretty bow!  A bow waiting for me to unwrap (hahahaha).
I was hooked on Jesse after reading My Only Regret and I’m even more hooked now.  There’s something so sexy about Jesse, his cockiness and vulnerability (ugh the scene where he won’t put sheets on his bed because they smell like Rhyann...kills me) are so sexy.  And if you haven’t already figured it out, I have licked him, so he’s claimed as mine!!!  And I won’t share!!!  I love Rhonda’s book, she has a way of sucking you in with her writing, her characters almost seem real, and you want to be their friends.  So my hat is off to you once again Rhonda James, another f@cking fantastic book under your belt!!!


tempted by a vampire teaser.jpg

Tempted by a Vampire 
(Immortal Hearts of San Francisco #1) 
by Susan Griscom



Cian DeMarco, a sexy, rockstar billionaire vampire has lived in San Francisco's prestigious Cliff Side neighborhood in his beautiful mansion overlooking both the San Francisco Bay and the Pacific Ocean for seventy years. Happily—or so he thought. Until the rare beauty that is Magdalena De la Rosa sits down at one of the front-row tables in Club Royal where he and his band perform once a week.

Magdalena De la Rosa has it all—Bachelor's degree in journalism, a job she loves in California, a gorgeous apartment in San Francisco, and a dream guy. Except her boyfriend lives and works in Sacramento—an hour and a half drive from the city Magdalena has always fantasized about living in. All her dreams change, however, when she and her girlfriend find their way into an upscale nightclub and she's suddenly swept off her feet by the lead singer of that night's performing rock band, The Lost Boys.
Sparks ignite between the two until a threat that was thought to no longer exist returns to wreak havoc on Cian's and Magdalena's lives. Will the temptation to be together outweigh the reality of what Cian must do to keep Magdalena safe from harm?




“Electric.  Looking into his eyes was like floating through the clearest part of the ocean with rays of sunshine painting glimmering streaks of light through the water."


5 vampire fangy stars!!!  I can’t even put into enough words to say how much I fell in love with this book.  The story was captivating and I was sucked (no pun intended) in!!
Let me just preface this by saying I’m not a paranormal fan!!  But when I saw this was about vampires (which I love) and it takes place in San Francisco (my favorite city) I was intrigued!!  Cian is a billionaire rockstar, did I mention he’s dead (ha get it) sexy and a vampire!  After seeing Maggie he determined to have her!  Maggie, a journalist, and new to San Francisco agrees to go out with her bff one night, although she really didn’t want to.  While at the club she meets Cian and while she is mesmerized by him, she’s determined to stay faithful to her cheating boyfriend.  Too bad she is weak and falls into Cian’s hands.  Knowing that she can’t deny her feelings with Cian she decides to dump her boyfriend, who doesn’t take it well of course.  After a lust filled date/night with Cian, she learns the truth about the man she’s falling for.  He’s a vampire, but she has deep feelings for him and she decides that she is willing to let that little “problem” go.  But what happens when her psycho ex reveals a secret about him that she never knew and tries to take her away from Cian??  What happens when Cian’s maker turns up trying to stake her claim??  This book was beyond sexy and so thrilling!!  I was in an extreme book slump and this book yanked me out of it!!  Excited to see what’s coming next in the series!!!


king teaser.jpg

King (King #1) 
by T.M. Frazier



Homeless. Hungry. Desperate.

Doe has no memories of who she is or where she comes from.

A notorious career criminal just released from prison, King is someone you don’t want to cross unless you’re prepared to pay him back in blood, sweat, pu$$y or a combination of all three.

King’s future hangs in the balance. Doe’s is written in her past. When they come crashing together, they will have to learn that sometimes in order to hold on, you have to first let go.





“King kissed me.  An all encompassing kiss.  A possession.  He wasn’t kissing my mouth.  He was claiming me as his, and I was going to leave my mark on him in every way I could.”

5 King Me Stars!!!  Oh my wow!!!  This book was so hot from beginning to end!!  A majority of it was a bit dark, but there were some funny light hearted scenes as well!  A definite must read!!!

Doe is a homeless runaway.  At least that’s what she thinks after waking up in a hospital with amnesia.  With no where to go she turns to the streets and meets her new best friend, prostitute Nikki.  One night they decide to head to a house party to make money or even to meet a biker in order to have protection.  While at the party Doe stumbles upon King in a room “banging” a girl.  King is a bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks, in and out of prison for most of his life.  When he lays eyes on Doe his whole world turns upside down.  After Doe’s friend Nikki is caught stealing money from King, she shoots Doe and runs off, causing Doe to now because the property of King.  Chained to a bed and in the hands of a “killer” Doe fears for her life, or what she knows is a life.  While in the house she makes friends with Preppy, King’s best friend from the age of eleven.  After trying to escape one day, King rescues Doe from a would be rapist and brings her home and claims her as his.  From that moment on things change between Doe and King and it’s a roller coaster ride from there!  This was intended to be a standalone, but it is a cliffhanger…..a really good cliffhanger at that!!!



monster.jpg

The Emancipation of Love (Monster, #2) 
by Mary E. Palmerin



I am a monster. A sexual deviant. A gorger for pain. I am Worthless William Welch.

But I am hers…

Ten years since Welch has seen Gwendolyn he finds himself in Portland, the same city they were supposed to live together; just two bloody lovers against the ghastly ways of the world. But that isn’t how their story would pan out and Welch troubles himself everyday with memoirs of the only one that will have his heart.

His sweet, sweet girl. Fiery Gwendolyn is gone and he is alone with nothing to occupy him except memories.

As he tries to grasp onto the recollections while simultaneously forgetting the pain he was bathed in for so long, he searches for a woman that will give him the agony he so desperately craves. You know what they say… be careful what you wish for.

As Welch pushes an unlikely woman to the brink, he is surprised at her eagerness as she gives him what he longs for. Punishment, pain, and pleasure. He becomes enveloped by the demons of his past, the torment of his current, and the ghost in his mind that he refuses to part from.

Reverted back to the dysfunctional little boy who obeys, Welch finds himself in a disastrous cycle while the edge of goodness is within reach. Will it be too late for him to find love before he breaks himself down to a point of no return?




“My heart is breaking all over again as the sheer bliss caves my mind, recollections of Gwendolyn’s first time flooding my mind like the worst kind of pain imaginable.  I see her tiny hands gripping the bed sheets and how her body responded to mine.”

5 totally heartbreaking stars.  This is such a devastating book.  It’s definitely not hearts and flowers by any means, but it’s so good and it’s refreshing that it’s not a perfect story with a perfect happy flower filled ending.  I loved this series!!  I read both books in one day.  This is a very dark read, with triggers for some.


Book two picks up from Welch’s point of view and how he’s coping after being separated from Gwendolyn for 10 years.  He’s acting out in a negative way, just trying to find some way to remember her.  While he is now living in Portland where they both said they wanted to be, he’s started a life there.  He’s a tattoo artist and while he is seeing someone, it’s no one he cares for.  I don’t want to give too much away at all.  This book is so beautifully written but it’s also so heartbreaking, reading what Welch went through as a child and then what happens as an adult.  Your heart just breaks for him as you read the story.  I will warn that this doesn’t have a hearts and flowers ending, so be prepared and grab your tissues!!  I’m very excited to read the next in the series!!



ryker.jpg


Ryker (Kings of Korruption MC, Book #1) 
by Geri Glenn



Charlotte

Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve taken care of everyone around me, including my self-centered older sister, Anna. When her poor choices make us targets of the Devil’s Rejects Motorcycle Club, I grab her and we run like hell. A new city, a new job, a new life. It’s almost perfect – and then I meet Ryker.

He’s gorgeous, rugged and too cocky for his own damned good. But he’s a biker – exactly the type of man I’ve been running from. I have no business getting involved with a man like him. Too bad I can’t get him out of my head.

Ryker

As V.P. of the Kings of Korruption MC, I know all about violence and loss. In my world, getting involved with a woman never turns out well. Avoiding commitment isn’t something I have to work at – it’s just a way of life. Then I meet Charlotte. Drawn to her kindness and beauty, I know there’s no place for her in my world. I have to let her go.

Finding Charlotte battered and bloody late one night, I go against my own beliefs, making it my mission to protect her. The Devils are out for blood and it’s Charlotte’s they want. Maybe I can’t keep her but I will put my life on the line to keep her safe. If not, I face losing the only woman that’s ever made me feel alive.




“After a few minutes he tears his lips away from mine, stopping to place another kiss on the tip of my nose.  Butterflies dance in my belly.  That’s the third time he’s done that now.  I think those three kisses are my favorite kisses of all.”


5 amazing stars!!!  This was such a sexy mc novel!!  I fell in love with Ryker and all his ruggedness!!  Great story and great characters!!!


Charlotte has spent her whole life taking care of everyone, including her OLDER sister Anna.  After Anna doesn’t make good on a loan with the Devil’s Rejects MC, they make a run for it and essentially go into hiding.  Charlotte now working at a hospice and taking care of cancer patients, she runs into Smokey, the dying president of Kings of Korruption MC and the sexy Ryker who sits bedside keeping watch over Smokey.  Although, Charlotte can’t stand most bikers, she can’t deny the attraction she feels when she sees Ryker.  While she feels safe at the hospital, when she leaves she can’t help but feel like someone is watching her, convinced that the Devil’s have found her and her sister, she becomes slightly panicked!!  Sadly, her fears become a reality when one of the Devil’s catches up to her and attacks her.  Frantic and scared, she gets away and runs right into the arms of Ryker, well accidentally of course.  Once she explains what happened to her, to her sister and Ryker, Ryker is determined to seek revenge and keep Charlotte safe.  But once they spend so much time together in such close quarters, neither can deny the feelings they both share, no matter how hard they try.  Ugh, this book was so steamy and hot, I loved every. Single. Page!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment