Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Mollien's Top 5 of 2015

Mollien’s Top 5 Of 2015

Meet Mollien from Alpha Book Club!!


Mollien has been married to an Alpha male for over 27 years. She is the mother of five grown children. A former online gamer and now addicted to reading. She loves Romance and Erotic Romance as well as Science Fiction, Paranormal, Mysteries and Suspense books.
"I never read a book that wasn't better than the movie." ~Mollien


Mollien's Top 5 Reads of 2015 are ~
 

 

Best Boxed Set:

GLORIA'S SECRET: The Trilogy

The complete Gloria Series
by Nelle L’Amour
Genre ~ Contemporary Romance
Length ~ 437 pages




Gloria Long is the beautiful, self-made CEO of Gloria's Secret, the world's largest retailer of lingerie. While her global emporium is famed for selling erotic fantasies, Gloria's emotional scars inhibit her own sexual desires. Her powerful defenses melt when she meets Jaime Zander, the devastatingly gorgeous advertising guru, who is determined to win not only her account but also her heart by awakening her sexuality.

A man who has never heard the word "no," Jaime takes his creativity to the limit to make Gloria fall apart and fall for him. But major obstacles stand in the way--Gloria's Secret's ruthless Chairman, who covets Gloria and is out to destroy Jaime, as well as his manipulative sexpot daughter, who wants both Gloria's job and her hot, new love. Complicating matters further, Gloria harbors a dark, horrific secret, that when exposed, will shatter both her empire and her life. Will she be able to have it all or will the walls come tumbling down?

Favorite Quote
"You're a challenge. On the outside, you wear armor; underneath you wear lace. Your outerwear says don't touch; your underwear says touch me everywhere. You may be a powerful woman, but the challenge is to unleash the power inside you."




Five Stars

This is the first series that I have read by Nelle L’Amour. I am happy to say that I am now a fan. I plan on reading her That Man series. Gloria’s Secret has all that I look for in a book. Hot guys. A strong female to relate to who doesn’t whine all the time, but faces her challenges head on. Lots of hot situations with steamy sex and interesting locals that I can escape to in the pages of a book. Plus an actual story.
In the first book, Gloria’s Secret, we are introduced to Gloria and Jaime and the sparks fly from the very beginning. We learn about Gloria’s secret that involves her and her best friend Kevin, and what they did fifteen years ago. We find out how Gloria starts her successful lingerie company, Gloria’s Secret and how with the help of Jaime’s creative advertising skills she plans to expand her company into more than just selling affordable lingerie. The first book ends with a cliffhanger that has you as confused as Gloria.
In the second book, Gloria’s Revenge, we get all the drama that you could want. We learn more about  the very wealthy and major stock holder of Gloria’s Secrets and his evil daughter and how they are tied in with Jaime. Gloria’s past also comes back to open old wounds and create new ones. The series could probably end with book two, but we are treated to a continuation of Gloria’s and Jaime’s story in the third book, Gloria’s Forever.
I highly recommend getting this trilogy.
ARC provided by Author, distributed by Give Me Books, in exchange of an honest review.  Read and reviewed by Mollien from Alpha Book Club.


Best Romance:

Unforgettable: Book One 

(A Hollywood Love Story #1)








Brandon: I’ve just woken up from a life or death coma. And learned that not only am I Hollywood's number one heartthrob, but I’m also engaged to America's It Girl, Katrina Moore. She may be a blond goddess, but my mind can't remember shit. And my cock doesn't give a shit. Because my heart started beating for another the minute she came through the door.

Zoey: Screw Brandon Taylor. Recovering from his hit and run accident, my demanding, egotistical boss is more of a jerk than ever. And with those violet eyes, more ridiculously panty-melting beautiful. As his personal assistant, I have to attend to his every whim and need as well as contend with his stuck-up fiancée. Life isn’t easy for me. Despite my visible size, I’ve always been invisible. Maybe, the amnesiac is beginning to remember. A girl can dream. No man is more unforgettable...in every way.

Join Brandon and Zoey as their unlikely Hollywood fairy tale unfolds in three full-length books releasing a month apart. From Los Angeles to the South of France, their love story has it all—romance, passion, steamy hot sex, glitz and glamour, plus an adorable little dog and a murder that could unravel everything.

Goodreads


5 Golden Globes

Where is book two? The cliffhanger at the end of this book has me counting the days till I get the next book. Brandon Taylor is soooo bad that he is good. “Bossy much?’’ Yes he is. Zoey is all spunk and snark, I love her. One thing that stands out in this book is that it has a lot of bathroom action. One in particular almost had me rolling on the floor. The other had me fanning myself.
I recently read Nelle L'Amour’s Gloria’s Secrets Series. That series was so good, and this one looks like it will be another winner. I am definitely going to add this author to my “to follow list.”As in so many books, the heroine has a tragic beginning to her life. However; unlike the other books, Zoey has a strong supportive extended family that plays a major role in this series.    As the story progresses we learn so much about Zoey and her life as well as the many talents that she possesses. Brandon is a bit of a mystery, but then again he is a mystery to himself. He is suffering from amnesia after being struck by a hit and run accident. He does remember his childhood, but the more recent past is a blank. He finds out that he is a Hollywood heartthrob and  that he is engaged to the stunning “It girl” of Hollywood that sparks no reaction but confusion. Katrina Moore’s beauty is only skin deep, and she is the character that you love to hate. Cinderella, yeah right she has the personality of the evil stepmother. I can’t wait to watch her fall. This story alternates between the POV of Zoey and Brandon. I love how the author weaves the story together and the banter between the two characters.
ARC Provided by Give Me Books. Honest review done by Mollien for Alpha Book Club without influence from publisher or author.





Best Mystery:


Windward Secrets

by K. A. Davis
 218 pages
Published November 30th 2015

It’s Claire McPherson’s turn to pick the destination for the annual get-away with old college friends. Excited to return to the location of her favorite childhood vacations, Claire unwittingly leads them into danger. Claire, Diane, Jill, and Caroline thought they knew each other until Windward Cottage pulls confessions out of each of them. The house has its own secrets that are revealed when Claire becomes determined to unravel a 50-year-old mystery. Fear, danger, and unexplained events connect the four women to each other and to Windward Cottage. This is a fast paced mystery laced with humor, suspense, and a touch of the supernatural that will make the reader gasp at times and soften their hearts at other times. Three of the women find their futures, and one finds her past. Readers will recognize someone they know in every character while heightening their awareness of a heinous international crime.




5 Widow Walks

For the most part I select which books I would like to review for the blog. I read the description and fill out a form requesting the book. Sometimes I get something good and sometimes I get something that I wish I never heard of. Then there are the times that I am blown away. When I first started reading Windward Secrets, I had no clue what the book was about. I knew that I must have seen something in the description to peak my interest, but I couldn’t remember. Yes, I could have looked it up, but I honestly prefer to let the story unwind and reveal itself as I read it. That is something coming from a person that writes review for books. As I started reading I thought oh, this is one of those college reunion books that have best friends sharing their deep dark secrets including who slept with who’s boyfriend way back when. As I read further I became engrossed in this story that was not at all what I thought  it was going to be. This was a good old crime mystery with really bad men, and four very brave, inquisitive, stupid women. Don’t get me wrong these women were really smart, but what they did was beyond insane. You can read the description above, you don’t need me to tell you what the story is about. I will tell you that this story was one of my favorite Mystery books of 2015. Claire and her three college friends with take you with them as they unravel clues surrounding the disappearance of Claire’s childhood friend many years ago, with the help of a being no longer alive.
ARC Provided by Promotions By Stephanie. Honest review done by Mollien for Alpha Book Club without influence from publisher or author.




Best Audible:


Perfect Imperfections Audible – Unabridged

Cardeno C. (Author), Charlie David (Narrator)




Hollywood royalty Jeremy Jameson has lived a sheltered life with music as his sole focus and only friend. Before embarking on another international concert tour, he wanders into a bar in what he considers the middle-of-nowhere and meets a man who wins him over with his friendly smile and easy-going nature. Accountant, bartender, and adventure-seeker Reg Moore has fun talking and drinking with "The" Jeremy Jameson and can't say no when the supposedly straight rock star makes him a once-in-a-lifetime offer: keep him company on his tour by playing the part of his boyfriend.
Listening to music, traveling the world, and jumping off cliffs is fun. Falling in love is even better. But to stay with Jeremy after the stage lights dim, Reg will need to help him realize there's nothing to pretend about their relationship.





5 Could not stop laughing stars

I was given the opportunity to review this book in the Audible format, and let me tell you, I felt like a fly on the wall listening to these two men as they tried to pull off their fake boyfriend relationship. First off the story was heart melting good. Second off the Narrator’s voice and inflections were so sexy that I would love to have him speaking in my ear all the time. Especially when he is speaking in that “Calm Jeremy Down Voice.” Was there something that I didn’t like about this Audible? Yes, the music rif at the end and beginning of every section.  I hope that I am using the correct terms.Back to the story. Reg Moore is without a doubt the perfect boyfriend weather it be in a straight or gay relationship. If you don’t fall in love with this man, there is something wrong with you. He may be too perfect because no one could be that attentive and easy going. As for Jeremy, Reg is dead on with the description that he gives. Jeremy, is adorable, cute, pouty and needy. A 31 year old boy that just needs to be taken care of. You are going to love listening to this book as an Audible, but if you prefer you can read it in the Kindle or paperback format.
ARC Provided by the author through Alpha Book Club. Honest review done by Mollien, for Alpha Book Club without influence from publisher or author.








Top Urban Fantasy:


Ties that Bind (The Veil, #5)Pippa DeCostaPages: 292

Published April 10th 2015


“I am fire. I am destruction. I will be their nightmare.”

The veil fell. Demons are here. Muse knows she can stop the slaughter, but to do so, she must return to the battle-scarred streets of Boston and face the cold, hard, truth. Her old life is ashes. Her love, turned to dust. But all is not lost; a spark of hope remains. A spark from which an inferno can blaze.

To stop the demons claiming Earth as their own, Muse must unite those capable of repairing the veil. The Dark Court, led by her Prince of Lust father, seek to recruit her to their cause. They want the veil destroyed for good; for chaos to reign for eternity. She will need to manoeuvre around their deadly intentions, and enlist the King of Hell’s help, before it’s too late.

For Muse to succeed, she must survive her father, save her soul, resurrect her love, forgive her enemies, and betray a trust. She must be everything she can be—demon and human. She must be their nightmare.

***

In this, the fifth and final Veil Series book, we return to where it all began. To the netherworld, where once a wretched half-blood girl surprised the Prince of Greed. To a world where ‘hope’ is fantasy, and ‘love’ a disease.

Muse is ready to take the fight to the demons. Are you?





5 Demons

Good-bye to my favorite characters. Why? Why? Why? I am grieving. I have been so caught up in this series. I just finished this last book of the series, and I already want more. How can I let these characters go? Thank you Ms DaCosta for the opportunity to be one of the first to read Ties That Bind.
Book #5 was all that I expected and even more. Muse, like me is mourning the loss of Akil, but as The Mother of Destruction, Muse still has a job to do. She has to save Boston and possibly the world. The Veil must be closed. This story takes us back to the Netherworld. We see it again through Muse's eyes. Muse must make decisions that can destroy the people that she loves. The veil must be closed even if it shatters her heart.
If you have not started The Veil Series, start reading Beyond the Veil now. You will be taken on a ride to hell and back and you will love it.
ARC Provided by the author. Honest review done by Mollien for Alpha Book Club without influence from publisher or author




No comments:

Post a Comment